Answer the following prompts in complete sentences. HONORS students must incorporate a quote into their responses. Your responses should be well constructed and between 3-5 sentences in length. Use appropriate grammar and word choice.
A BLOCK: FRIDAY, 10/22
B BLOCK: FRIDAY, 10/22
1. Did Elie feel comfortable around his doctor? Why or why not?
2. Who was the Red Army? You might need to look this up to respond correctly.
3. Who is the Red Cross?
4. If you had been Elie, would you have left with your father or stayed? Why?
5. What did Wiesel mean when he wrote that "there were two of us: my body and I. I hated that body"(85)?
6. Why does Wiesel write that they had become the "masters of the world" (87)?
7. Why does Elie feel that Rabbi Eliahu's
8. What is Wiesel describing as a "trampled...eerily poignant little corpse" (95)?
9. How did Elie save his father's life? Why can this act seem ironic?